CHEESE FONDUE RECIPE
To keep you warm this Winter, Le Chef is sharing its phenomenal cheese fondue Savoyarde recipe for you try !
- 100g of cheese emmental
- 100g of cheese compte
- 100g of cheese beaufort
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic and rosemary
- 250ml of white wine
- 1 baguette for freshly chopped croutons
- A pinch of salt (from your pantry)
1. Begin by grating each cheese into a bowl, to ensure a smooth melting texture.
2. Add the cornflour to the bowl of grated cheese and toss thoroughly to coat all pieces.
3. Combine the wine, salt, garlic and rosemary into a fondue pot or a large saucepan, then simmer over a medium-low heat.
4. Once the liquid is simmering add the cheese in small increments to the pot, stirring well between each addition to ensure a smooth fondue texture.
5. Continue to consistently stir through the mixture until smooth.
6. Once the fondue is ready remove from heat.
7. Slice up the baguette into small cubes place on the fondue fork and dip into the fresh fondue – always remember to blow on the cheese…
Le tour est joué, dip and enjoy - Bon appétit!
Please note: The fondue will begin to harden once taken away from heat. If this occurs, please place the fondue back on a gentle heat until melted and stir through.
For the perfect authentic fondue savoyarde experience, visit Le Chef, 13 O'Connell Street, Auckland CBD, Auckland 1010. Booking available on https://www.le-chef.co.nz/
TRIP ADVISOR REVIEW
1 / 3